Sedex aims to encourage organizations around the world to improve the lives of the people their work affects.
Sedex supports its members through ground-breaking solutions to protect people, the environment, and companies in a sustainable and ethical manner.
- Paving the way for responsible supply and procurement via collaboration and information-gathering and -sharing;
- Facilitating transparency across the supply chain via easy-to-use tools and services made available to all companies;
- Protecting people, the environment, and companies by taking a proactive approach to identifying and managing risks;
- Drawing on technology to support companies in becoming sustainable and responsible enterprises.
France’s national cross-sector fruit juice union, the Union Nationale Interprofessionnelle des Jus de Fruits (UNIJUS), was set up in 1936 ahead of the 1938 decree that regulated the French fruit juice and nectar industry, before shifting its activities to align with a Europe-wide vision.
The union was set up by businesses that were initially artisanal, before major expansion efforts that resulted in them becoming industry leaders.
Today, UNIJUS brings together thirty-odd members that represent the sector in its entirety.
- Promoting the nutritional qualities and health benefits of fruit juices among opinion leaders and consumers;
- Sparking economic, technical, and analytical collective action, notably with a view to improving fruit juice quality and health safety;
- Representing the fruit juice sector in dealings with French, European, and international authorities;
- Keeping members informed and up-to-date on all technical, commercial, regulatory, and legislative aspects of their business.